Thursday, October 20, 2016

Strength in the Struggle of Motherhood

It's been one of those days weeks when the husband is out of town and the children are crazy and I just. can't. take. it. Do you have those too? I find myself falling in to bed exhausted every night, only to be awakened by a crying toddler a few hours later. Today I asked my friend if it was too early to drink wine-- at noon. She loves me very much and didn't judge. We ate fruit snacks with the kids instead.

But seriously, motherhood is HARD. It is all day, all week exhausting, and it sometimes seems like the phase will never end.

I'm reading a book right now called Treasuring Christ When Your Hands are Full. The author writes that the gospel is for us a mothers. Christ's death and resurrection have real, concrete meaning on how we parent every day. As I literally lay down my life for my children, it is a reminder of what Christ has done for me.

This week, when you're overwhelmed too, remember the One who laid everything down for you. He promises to give us strength when we're hiding from our kids in the bathroom, or cleaning up poop again, or just trying to make it through a day with little people.

Jesus loves you, mama, and He promises to guide you gently through this season of life (Isaiah 40:11).


 

No comments:

Post a Comment