Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wednesdays On the Homefront

Cooking: I have to be honest, I don't think I have cooked anything since last Wednesday. I need to bake some more bread though. Ben loves to have a slice of banana or zucchini bread in the mornings. I'm getting a little tired of those two flavors so I think I'm going to try and find some new recipes. Pinterest time!
   
Cleaning: It's a bad sign when you walk into your bathroom and you know the floor is dirty because you can smell it. The goal this week is to get that bathroom clean! I've struggled to keep up on housework since Eli was born, and it's getting to the point where some things desperately need to be done! Any suggestions for scheduling house cleaning to make it happen?
   
Creating: My friend Joy of The Simple Joy and I went to Panera last night and started brainstorming about projects we can do. We came up with some great ideas for our blogs, Etsy shops, Christmas gifts and wedding/birthday gifts. I am inspired! Our first plan is to spend an evening making cards for all the events of the year. We'll be doing that on a Monday in June, so look for a post about it.
   
Loving: The Next Food Network Star- Every summer I look forward to watching this show. I love the challenges each week, and it inspires me to get in the kitchen! Episodes are posted online every Thursday so you can keep up with it if you're like me and don't have cable. (Design Star and Project Runway are also starting this summer. Hooray!!)
   
Living: My birthday is this week! Ben, Eli and I are going to head out for a much-needed family vacation in the mountains this weekend. I am really looking forward to some time with my guys and enjoying the outdoors.
   
Learning: We have spent a lot of time with family over the past few weeks, and it's been really hard on  Eli (and Ben and I). He gets overwhelmed easily by groups of people. I realized that as his mama it is my job to do what's best for him, even when it makes other upset. I haven't stood up for him like he's needed and he has felt the effects. As strange as it might sound, I didn't process that he needs me most sometimes and I need to be there for him. Since realizing this, I feel a new type of courage coming up in me that I think will help me do what's best for him moving forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment